Most online classes involve taking exams monitored by a proctor. The University of Utah offers proctored exam services at the UOnline Center in the Marriott Library on campus and at our service sites in Sandy and St. George, Utah. Students living far from campus, a service site or outside of Utah can select from several remote exam proctoring options. You schedule your exam time and location through your online class in the Canvas class system.
Contact the UOnline Center with questions or problems concerning proctored exams:
801-581-6112 (select option 2 when prompted)
Location of Exam Services at the UOnline Center
- Exam Services at the UOnline Center
J. Willard Marriott Library
First Floor, NW Library Entrance across from University Campus Store
- View Floor Map of the First Floor of the Marriott Library. Suite 1704 is in the lower left section of the map.
- Enter the UOnline Center next to the library’s west entrance doors.
Hours of Operation for Exam Services at the UOnline Center
- Monday – Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am to 8:00pm
(when classes are in session, not during breaks)
- Saturday: 9:30am to 1:30pm
(except during football home game days, due to the proximity of the stadium to the Marriott Library)
- Walk-in Service:
- For students with questions about Exam Services or about using Canvas, walk-ins are welcome Monday – Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- For students taking exams, we cannot accommodate walk-in appointments. Students must schedule an exam in advance, either by phone, email, or directly from their Canvas course (see articles in Student Exam Scheduling for Online Courses).
Sandy Testing Center
One Sandy Center Building
10011 S. Centennial Parkway
Sandy, Utah 84070
Sandy Center Testing Hours
(when classes are in session)
Thursday: 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:30 pm
*Contact the Sandy Center for hours during breaks