BlockU is an intensive GenEd experience available for the first time to Online Students with the theme of Global Citizenship!
- Participate with others in a virtual self-exploration and study of tough issues facing our planet and its inhabitants.
- Explore and understand the footprint of your citizenship along with its rights and responsibilities, locally and globally.
- Satisfy your interest in having and managing global impact.
- Complete 6 General Education requirements plus affiliate classes (if you choose).
- Engage in and learn some of the most cutting-edge online community-building programs.
GCO is for students who are just starting college and want a framework around their GenEds or if they are on their way out and need a final few GenEds to get ready to be part of the global economy.
Here is one example of how to make GCO work with a schedule (students can take any course, in any sequence, at their convenience):
- Sign up for the Global Citizenship Learning Community (HF) UGS 2230-090
- Select one Writing class from this list
- WRTG 1010 Intro to Academic Writing (WR1)
- WRTG 2010 Intermediate Writing (WR2)
- MATH 1030 Intro to Quantitative Reasoning (QA)
- GEOG 1400-090 Human Geography
- LING 3600 Cross-Cultural Communication (DVHF)
- Chem 1210-090 General Chemistry (SG)
- Sign up for the Global Citizenship Learning Community (BF) UGS 2235-090
- Select one American Institutions course from this list
- ECON 1740-090 US Economic History (AI)
- COMM 1270 Analysis of Argument (QB)
- ARTH 1010 Masterpieces World Art (FF)
- ART 2060 NM Digital Photography (FF)
- CHEM 1220-090 General Chemistry II (SF)
To learn more about BlockU or to schedule an appointment with the BlockU Advisor, please contact the Academic Advising Center at 801-581-8146.
To take the online BlockU Global Citizenship Learning Communities students should register for each course in CIS.