Most online classes involve taking exams monitored by a proctor. The University of Utah offers proctored exam services at the UOnline Center in the Marriott Library on campus and at our service sites in Sandy and St. George, Utah. Students living far from campus, a service site or outside of Utah can select from several remote exam proctoring options. You schedule your exam time and location through your online class in the Canvas class system.
Contact the UOnline Center with questions or problems concerning proctored exams:
801-581-6112 (select option 3 when prompted)
Location of Exam Services at the UOnline Center
- Exam Services at the UOnline Center
J. Willard Marriott Library
First Floor, NW Library Entrance across from University Campus Store
- View Floor Map of the First Floor of the Marriott Library. Suite 1704 is in the lower left section of the map.
- Enter the UOnline Center next to the library’s west entrance doors.
Hours of Operation for Exam Services at the UOnline Center
- Monday – Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am to 8:00pm
(when classes are in session, not during breaks)
- Saturday: 9:30am to 1:30pm
(except during football home game days, due to the proximity of the stadium to the Marriott Library)
- Walk-in Service:
- For students with questions about Exam Services or about using Canvas, walk-ins are welcome Monday – Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- For students taking exams, we cannot accommodate walk-in appointments. Students must schedule an exam in advance, either by phone, email, or directly from their Canvas course (see articles in Student Exam Scheduling for Online Courses).
Exam Services at the Sandy Center
The University of Utah Sandy Center offers proctored exam services for makeup exams, UOnline exams, and exams from other universities.
- Makeup exams are arranged through your instructor.
- UOnline exams’ appointments are made through the class Canvas page.
- Exams from other universities are arranged through the university or instructor, and exam information is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operation for Exam Services
Monday – Thursday: 9:30 am to 9:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 12:30pm
Closed Sunday and Major Holidays
Testing hours change during summer, fall, and between-semester breaks.
Location of Exam Services at the Sandy Center
University of Utah Sandy Center
10011 Centennial Parkway, Suite 100
Sandy, UT 84070
Park on the east side of the building (free parking).
Walk in the entrance and through the glass doors on your right.
Our testing lab is in Room 102 and students check in at the front desk.
St. George Testing Center
Graduate Center at St. George
1071 E 100 S, Ste A100
St. George, Utah 84770
Testing by appointment only.