The Online MHA program prepares mid-careerists for administrative positions in both the public and private sectors of the healthcare industry. Students enter the program with prior healthcare and management experience and can keep their full-time jobs while attending school. MHAO graduates will have the academic credentials to move into leadership positions in a variety of settings, including healthcare delivery, public health, healthcare policy, and health services research.
* Tuition is subject to change. See the tuition estimator to calculate estimated costs.
At the University of Utah, our courses combine the flexibility of online teaching with the advantages and direct engagement of traditional teaching. Enjoy the benefit of studying online at your own pace while still engaging with classmates and instructors. This flexible way of teaching improves your overall experience and your ability to retain what you learn.
Interactive learning comes in a variety of ways:
- Group assignments, where you collaborate via email or a discussion forum to answer a problem set.
- Contributions to a discussion forum, where you directly respond to previous posts.
- Peer reviews, where you review and comment on assignments from other students.
Our classes also offer multiple routes to stay connected and get help:
- Communicate directly with the instructor via email.
- Participate in and guide online discussions.
- Attend online office hours in discussion threads or on the phone.
- Instructors are available in “real” office hours for students on or near campus; for some courses we offer Q&A sessions in a classroom.
Master of Healthcare Administration from the David Eccles School of Business
The online MHA program is 43.5 credit hours. Required courses:
- On-Campus Leadership Curriculum (1.5)
- Healthcare Administration (3)
- Healthcare Accounting and Finance (3)
- Data Analysis and Decision Making (1.5)
- Healthcare Operations (1.5)
- Managing Process Flows in Healthcare (1.5)
- Healthcare Financial Management (3)
- Healthcare Economics and Policy (3)
- Practical Management in Healthcare (1.5)
- Healthcare Strategic Management (3)
- Quality Management (3)
- Telehealth Modalities (1.5)
- Human Resources for Healthcare (1.5)
- Principal Based Leadership in Healthcare (1.5)
- Marketing for Health Professionals (3)
- Patient Safety (1.5)
- Health Law (1.5)
- Population Health (1.5)
- Business Ethics (1.5)
- Capstone (3)
- Healthcare Analytics (1.5)
The estimated tuition for the online MHA is $45,100. Click here for more information on tuition and financial aid.
With access to a number of graduate career management resources and the MHA career development and employer relations manager Kathryn Adair, MHA students have been successful in securing promotions, pay raises, fellowships, and full-time employment after the program.